Tuesday, March 24, 2009

What should my next course of action be?

I am a recent college graduate, working abroad; and I am wondering what I should do next. My ultimate goal is to be an English professor at a community college; so I know that I eventually need to get my Masters or PhD. However, I am SO burnt out from my BA and from my current teaching job abroad, that I am planning to take a year off after I return back to the States.





The only problem is that I don't know what to do during that year. I would LOVE to just work at a coffee shop, or something low-key (non-teaching/english related so that I can refresh myself); but realize that might not look good on my Graduate School applications. Would departing from my "field" for a year before attending graduate school be risky? Is there anyone who currently works at a community college or has teaching/graduate school experience that can give me some helpful suggestions? Thank you in advance for your help!!



A coffee shop sounds nice or maybe you could make money waiting tables or maybe you could just take a one class or two at college so its like you have the year off

No comments:

Post a Comment