Sunday, March 29, 2009

What can i do, sometimes feel like i dont belong?

i moved to a different state recently, and im in High school, the problem is the age groups of education there, im a yr older than most kids in my grade (the state has a different age system), so according to my new state, im acutally supposed to be a grade higher but not according to my before state, this stresses me a lot coz sometimes i feel like im too old or dont belong, in sports im never with my classmates and this really gets annoying eventually, and i dont feel like telling ppl my age coz they might think im dumb thats why im older





need help to get over this








although im average - smart i cant skip a grade coz im in High school


e.g


born in november 2000, and my classmates range from august 2001 - july 2002


with my former state ranging from august 2000 to july 2001





which means ppl are a yr older but still in the same grade








u cant hide age at skool coz somehow it always comes up, and for some reason i think ppl and teachers think less of me for being older coz then they might think his only smart coz his older (i know its weird but i dont know wat to do or think)



don't stress over something that is really small. I'm a year older then most of the people in my grade because of the cut off date. i was born in 1993 while my friends were born in 1994. it does seem strange sometimes, but eventually the feeling passes. You should talk to your guidence consulor. she could probably help. And for the sports, just think of it as meeting new people. your just expanding your friend circle. Also, remember that its only high school. soon you'll be going to college where the age differences range from being 18-45. i hope this will help you and you feel more confortable with the situation.




don't worry about it so much...


i had a classmate that was 10 yrs. older than us... because he stopped schooling... but he didn't have problems relating with us... and we never said anything offensive to him, we just laugh at it but not to the extent that would really offend him...


don't worry, that's just in the beginning, just be yourself and you'll get the hang of it later on...

No comments:

Post a Comment