Sunday, March 29, 2009

Does anyone have any study skill tips?

I have a hard time sitting down and concentrating on homework or studying. I grudgingly get it done, but it's always a pain. I get distracted really easy. Does anyone have any tips? Thank you very much!



Here are some of my suggestions:





Set up a comfortable studying area. Some place where you will be at ease but is also not distracting. This can be accomplished by lighting choices (overheard, lamp, desk light, etc)





You can also achieve this by types of smells, such as candles (not as a main source of light), incense, etc.





Music can also play a factor. I'm personally the type that can NOT stand dead silence, and I work much better with some form of sound around, so playing something like soft jazz, new age, classical, etc can help with that (you also do not need to go out and purchase these items, where Yahoo! Music has radio stations for free. I use them in my classroom)





I also agree with the previous poster whom stated to have some new materials. You may be more inclined to sit down and get work done with some new paper, pencils, pens, highlighters, etc. New materials make things fun sometimes.





As for studying, I also had a hard time with that myself, and one of the best ways I got through it was making flash cards (using notes cards) and just writing down info and looking through them over and over again. But, I will also say, I'm a strong visual learner, so that was the best approach for me. Maybe you should find out what type of learner you are (if you don't already know...visual, audio, kinesthetic) and work your study/homework towards those modes.




sit in an empty, clean room and preferably sit down in a comfy chair. Buying something new like shelves or pens or even a lamp tends to get me in the studying mood to try it out LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment