Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Are high school graduation requirements too much now?

To graduate I needed something like 4 years of English, 2 years of math, some science, government, history, and geography credits, and the usual elective credits (arts, phys. ed, foreign language, etc). My younger brother on the other hand needs 4 years of English, 4 years of math, 3 years of science, 3 years of social studies, and all the usual elective credits. The high school we go to is pretty big (about 1500-1800 students) and has a lot of fun, interesting classes for students that aren't necessarily required but now they seem kind of useless seeing as how they have to get in all of those credits in in 4 years. What do you think?



I'm glad they are boosting the requirements, there are way too many brain-dead morons in this world. Maybe if they sit in the classes enough some of the material will soak in.




I graduated in 1995 and I had to take:





4 years English (I took 4)


3 years Math (I took 4)


3 years Science (I took 4)


2 years of foreign language (I took 4)


3 years history


1semester Govt and Econ


1 year Health


3 years P.E.


and regular, old electives

No comments:

Post a Comment