Sunday, March 29, 2009

4 APs or no? High school help?

I'm enrolling for 4 APs during my junior year, I haven't taken any APs in my sophomore year but I'm getting As in my college prep classes easily and I was curious whether taking 4 is really that impressive to colleges. If I take 4 APs, my elective classes for the semestrs are going to be simple throw away classes, one of which isn't even UC approved.





Is it better that I just succeed in 4 APs or go easier with myself and bump APUSH into a US History Honors class and follow other electives?





Oh and I actually like the AP subjects I'm taking so don't tell me "don't take AP classes simply because they're AP"



If you like the AP classes you plan to take, then take it. It will impress colleges only if you do well in them. Since you are not taking any


AP classes right now, the workload you'll have for next school year might overwhelm you. However, if you have good study habits and time management, you'll be able to handle it.




Taking four APs are definitely impressive to colleges, but ONLY if you do well in them. However, if you enjoy the classes, you should take them anyway!




i s it advanced placement or another AP because my school thers a difference




Yeah, it looks better particularly if you are wanting to go to a Top 25 university.

No comments:

Post a Comment