Monday, July 19, 2010

How do I become an exchange student?

I have wanted to become an exchange student for a very long time and I need to know how to go about doing it. I want to experience and taste life instead of living everyday the same.



First of all, how do I convince my parents?This is the most important task.

Who do I contact?

How much is the cost?

Do I have to know the language of the place where I am going?



If you guys have any tips or suggestions please tell me!:)



thank youuu:)
When I was in high school, a couple that went to my church acted as host parents twice for an exchange student from another country. The program was International Christian Youth Exchange (ICYE). They hosted a student from Finland one year and a student from Switzerland another year. Another couple at my church also hosted an exchange student from Germany. Another high school student at my church participated in the program and she spent a year in Germany.



I wanted to do this too. So I applied. All you need to do is contact an organization that will sponsor exchange students. You fill out a lengthy application and submit it. You wait. If you get accepted, you get to be an exchange student. I know the Rotary Club will sponsor exchange students and I

No comments:

Post a Comment